Thursday, April 22, 2010

happy earth day!

A couple of years ago I started recycling at home, recycling at work, and taking my own bags to shop. I haven't warmed up to the idea of a composter yet, but I have looked into them so much so that I know the best ratings and what I will buy if I ever get the urge. I also don't plan on giving up my Tahoe anytime soon, but I am attempting to hug trees a little more than the average human. So I decided to share a couple of my favorite green items in honor of earth day as if I am Oprah and as if you really care...



Crate & Barrel has these amazing bags for $17.95/set of 4 right now! Super cute, handy to fill up and tote to the Recycling Center and totally easy to wash. You can even make your own super cute inserts to label each bag. I have these at home and at work as they are cute enough for me to tote around in the aforementioned Tahoe and as easy as a trash can for the reluctant recylcer.



This my friends is the Lands' End Zip Top Canvas Tote Bag. I have 2 Extra Large ones that I take with me grocery shopping (okay...3 if I'm having a party) and I honestly don't know why I ever hasseled with shopping without them. They are amazing and it usually only takes one trip from car to house for a weeks worth of groceries! The bags stand up on their own in the cart while I fill them up and I'm convinced they can handle any weight I bestow upon them. You can often find them in the Lands' End overstock or outlet online for a good deal if you aren't picky about color--mine of course, had to be green! :)
--Yours in Minty Greenness
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment